Weekend Update: BIRTHDAY BASH

Disclaimer: I should've posted this about a month ago, but sometimes life gets in the way. Also the Weekend Update is coming on a Thursday. This is just how life is working right now y'all.

I should really try staying a whole weekend in Baton Rouge for once. Oh wait, that's what I'm trying out right now. I'll let y'all know how this goes. So far it includes making myself Tex Mex Migas (I've linked the recipe please try it out they are DIVINE), and cleaning my apartment. Nothing too crazy, but I think that's what I need after adventuring all over the place for the past month. I'm serious y'all, I looked back in my calendar and I haven't spent a weekend in BR in over a month! I swear I'm trying to love it. It's not my fault NOLA keeps calling my name.

Anyway, back to my point, let's look back at Birthday Weekend. Yes the italics are necessary, it's a fancy event, duh.


Meet Justin. He stole my birthday. JK he was actually born before me, but that's just a minor detail. We made pipe-cleaner crowns to celebrate. I mean is there really any other way?


The pipe cleaner crown in all its glory.


I made this for you, and you, and yeah you over there. Baking cakes is my new favorite past time. I'm now accepting orders for your favorite boxed cake flavors. I do not guarantee that the masterpiece will be leveled, or even close to flat. 


ROAD TRIP!!!! We ran away to New Orleans for Birthday Weekend, and somehow we managed to cram everyone into one dorm room. Ah friendships how they are wonderful. Here's a peek at the weekend:


Lots and lots of brunching. Pictured above: Horn's. So good y'all, so good.


It's Mardi Gras in New Orleans (or at least it was at the time), we could've gone to a few parades but we were too tired from all our walking around. Oops.


That's all for now y'all. I'm working on getting back into the blogging groove, but honestly as long as midterms keep happening this thing will be a giant work in progress. Thanks for sticking with me though, it's why I like you best.

- Ally



No comments