Inside Out

I rarely go to the movies. Nowadays there's just no point. With Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu plus and so many other ways to stream movies it doesn't hurt to wait a few months for them to be available.

However when it came to Disney Pixar's Inside Out I was like a kid waiting for Christmas. I COULD NOT WAIT for the release date. It was one of the most innovative concepts I had ever heard of. Pixar did it again.



News outlets are saying that it's the number one grossing original film of all time, and it's not hard to argue with that.

You can read more about the concept of the film all over the internet, but I want to talk more about the backstage magic.




I first heard about Inside Out in the summer of 2014, way before any promotions were done, way before they even announced that Inside Out would be coming to the big screen.

How on earth would I get access to this you ask?

Creativity Inc., an autobiography of sorts by Pixar executive Ed Catmull. It gives such great advice about running a business while also maintaining one's creativity and innovation. Slipped into this book was a slight nod towards Inside Out.

That's how far in advanced Pixar starts working on things. And let me tell you I don't think an executive Pixar employee would just mention a concept like Inside Out if it wasn't already a done deal. They put so much work into these productions and it's great to see the product that people of all ages can enjoy.

So if you were on the fence about going out to see it, get off the couch and drive to your nearest movie theatre. I promise you, it will be worth it. Oh, and while you're there say hello to the Rainbow Unicorn for me ;)

No comments