St. Jude Give Thanks Walk 2014

One of my favorite parts of the Thanksgiving holiday is the St. Jude Give Thanks Walk, and although the walk will be in September this year, it's still a great event that I look forward to every year.

I started attending the Give Thanks Walk in 2013 to support my neighbor and friend Breanna Bercegeay. It was great to walk with our community to help support Bree in her fight with leukemia. Although Bree passed away in October 2014, we still got a team together to show support only a month after her passing. 

This walk was definitely more emotional than the last but it was an unbelieveably heartwarming event to be a part of.

So this year I challenge each of you to go out and find an event center to walk at. They're all over the country and it's really easy to be a part of. If you want to get even more involved you can raise money for your team, or you can just show up the day of (although I do think there's a registration fee). If you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments below.

Anyway here's a look at the layout: 




I kept this layout pretty simple. I love the picture of me and my sister with the different bows, so I decided to showcase it by stamping St. Jude in the Laina Alphabet stamp from Studio Calico. On the bottom picture of my sister and some of her friends I used a Me and My Big Ideas stickers that says "Sweet Moment". I think it's a perfect description of the bittersweet day everyone had. 


Here are some more pictures from the walk. The cheerleaders on Bree's team all got matching bows after she passed to commemorate her life.

If you want to learn more about Cheering for Breanna you can find them on Facebook.

Hope your Friday Eve is as marvelous as it can be.

xo

Ally

No comments