Weekend Update: How to Avoid Any Lingering Responsibilities

Before you do anything else go ahead and throw yourself a little party. You made it through Monday, and that's a cause for celebration.
See it's my celebration dance!
I might be over exaggerating, but Monday is. the. worst. It's especially the worst when you have the beginning of the semester (did I mention that starts Wednesday) staring you directly in the eyes.

Let's just say that I'm coping with the start of the semester very well. And by that I mean I threw all of my money at a weekend getaway to New Orleans and never looked back.

Here's a look:




Have you met Maddy? If not meet Maddy, she'll go on coffee dates with you at any hour of the day and talk to you about literally anything. Hold on to friends like these, they're the best. 

Oh, and if you haven't made your way to District Donuts pack up the car immediately and get going, NOW! I'm telling you the donuts are divine. I've been in a sugar coma ever since. Maddy recommends the cool green juice in the upper left corner, but I don't know if I can ever get behind any kind of juice that's green, but good luck to those brave souls. 


The nighttime reunion also consisted of shopping around the Riverwalk and seeing many people in ballgowns. Can you say Mardi Gras season? Oh, and I also got this supa hella awesome mint jacket from Forever 21 for like $15!!!! I have a slight obsession with jackets, I'll start the five-step recovery program tomorrow.  I mean a girl has to validate parking somehow or another am I right? I'm right. 


We spent the morning roaming around Magazine Street and had a relaxing brunch at Surrey's Juice Bar (I promise I'll write a review soon I pinky swear y'all.) The remainder of the day way spent exploring the French Quarter and stopping at the mall to pick up these stylish heart glasses. Then we hopped over to City Park to take in the gorgeous weather and be-a-u-ti-ful trees.

Check out our impromptu photo shoot:




 New Orleans is always surprising me, and I hope that never changes. I found a quaint little coffee shop on my way out of town and stopped to grab a bite to eat and journal just a bit.


Thanks NOLA, you done good.

- Ally

No comments