Hello 2016 You Are Beautiful

My goodness I love New Years. The idea of a clean slate sounds really really nice. Everyone has an excuse to start fresh and new again, and we're all filled with hope at the promise of a brand spankin' new year.



For the first time ever I'm actually going to make some resolutions. I would expect nothing less for the beautiful year that is 2016. Nothing too crazy, but enough to keep me motivated:



2016

  • Word of the year: savor: I totally stole this from somewhere, and for the life of me I can't remember where, but back to the point... I want to savor everything. Savor my memories, my food, my friendships, and all the little moments that make life worth living. I never want to get so lost in the big picture that I forget to savor living in the moment. 
  • Choose to read sometimes rather than turning on another episode of my newest obsession on Netflix. I watched 11 episodes of Quantico in two days and then got upset about how I don't have enough time to read for fun anymore. Obviously my priorities were not in order in 2015. 
  • Finish both my senior year and my 2015 scrapbook before the year ends. Fingers crossed everyone. You'll be here to witness either the success or the failure so buckle up it'll be a wild ride. 
  • Meet new people. I love people and all the stories they have to tell, but more often than not I need to remind myself to really listen to what they have to say. I'm sure 2016 will be filled with many stories.
  • Find the best places to eat brunch in Louisiana. I have so many great restaurants at my disposal so it's just a matter of time before I find the holy grail of brunching locations. If you haven't figured out my brunching love then you should hop on over to my instagram to check out my #goodfoodgreatfriendsseries I'm thinking of branching the series out to other meals, but my heart just hasn't been able to handle it yet.
  • Go on adventures. Doesn't have to be elaborate, I just wnat to get out and see the area around me and really enjoy it.
  • Make mixed tapes for my car rides. I'm currently working on a playlist that I've title 'The Brunchin' Blues' containing solely Motown, Blues, and Soul music. I expect my car rides to be ten times better without pesky radio commercials and one hit wonders yelling in my ear. 
  • Finally... I'm making a resolution to do what makes me happy. It sounds simple, but I'll probably have to remind myself about it throughout the year. 

I hope that your 2016 is filled with lots of memories and plenty of people to share them with. I'm probably off enjoying a cup of coffee by now.



- Ally 


No comments