Dreams Do Come True in New Orleans

Why not start off your Sunday with a Disney reference, it can only help the day get better am I right or am I right?

Let me just start this post off by saying that my parents are experts. Experts at hiding a gem of a city from their children for upwards of 16 years. 16 years I say! For people who live outside of New Orleans but still in Louisiana, 'NOLA' is the city you stay away from unless you want hot smelly walks down the street, at least that's what I was told.

I find that in the south there are four magical weeks in the year when the weather is just perfect. Two in the fall and two in the spring. You never know when they're going to hit, but the second they start, prepare to pack all of your outdoor activities into them.

Luckily for us, our visit to New Orleans fell right into the spring session of weather magic.

We didn't even break a sweat, hell I think there was a light breeze. That ladies and gentlemen is how you should tour New Orleans. Well that and with a beignet in hand at all times, don't worry Cafe Du Monde will keep you stocked.

Here's a peek into our trip:

While the layout doesn't capture the sprawling landscape of the city (I wasn't a big photographer last year), it does capture the details of what I loved about our visit).

The top left card is from the Sunshine Edition Core Kit. I used old pink alphas to spell out 'nola'. The top right photo is my sister and our cousin, he's adorable and you can bet your money that if he visits a picture of him will make it into my album (i.e. my easter layout).

The bottom left photo is but of course a Starbucks picture. Yes they spelled it wrong, no I'm not bitter the drink made my hurt feelings melt away. The bottom right card is also from the sunshine kit and the silver heart is from Me & My Big Ideas.

Finally, I saved the macaron box from Sucre (you must go there if you visit it is SO GOOD, it is also the only macaron I've ever had so I'm probably biased) and did a little journaling on it. I then hole punched it to go into my album.

Hope you're enjoying a lazy care-free Sunday. Have a cup of coffee for me.

xo

Ally 

No comments