It's Crawfish Time... I Mean Easter

Growing up in the south Easter time meant two things family and food. That food being crawfish. And that family being everyone you could fit on the back porch.

Here's a peek into what I was doing Easter of last year, project life style:


The above picture is from Easter morning. Yes we still have the Easter baskets from when we were babies, no we don't plan on changing them any time soon, same thing goes for our Christmas stockings.

The bottom picture is of the family at the annual crawfish bowl complete with a 'Today' sentiment from Me & My Big Ideas.

This is one of my favorite layouts from this year. The top left picture is me and my sister licking icing off of beaters (let's be honest isn't that the whole point of baking). I love how her shirt coordinates with the blue in the other two pictures, and how my shorts coordinate with the crawfish picture.

The wood veneer is from the Studio Calico Park Ave. Kit, I secured it with glue dots and later added staples from my new tiny attacher (not pictured). On the bottom left picture I stamped "Seriously Cute" from an old Fiskars stamp set I got at JoAnn's with Staz On Ink

I cut down the picture of the crawfish to eliminate any negative space, and so I could mat it with this cute card from the Midnight Core Kit. And to top it all off I wrote 'laissez les bon temps rouler!' or 'let the good times roll'.

Although it's not Easter in real time, it is hot outside. What are your favorite ways to beat the heat? Leave your suggestions in the comments below.

xo

Ally

No comments