Party Like a Journalist

One of the best parts of the Multicultural Journalism Workshop was that we had the opportunity to work at the level of fully paid journalists. We were each given what I formally refer to as a "fancy camera" and a city to research. My group's city: Scottsboro, AL. We researched and researched and researched until we found two beautiful spots in rural Alabama including Gorham's Bluff and Pikeville Store-N-Deli. 

But more about that later, let's take a look at the layouts (I apologize for the photo quality in advance I just found these laying around this morning and realized I never photographed them, lets just pretend that the blue tint is some kind of ethereal artistic choice, it'll be our little secret):


Gorham's Bluff was a beautiful bed and breakfast community tucked away in Alabama. It was absolutely breathtaking and these photos don't even do it justice. So if you're ever in backwoods Alabama look them up and kick back and relax.

The top photo is of me and the ladies in my group. We were the only group of all girls, and we had a lot of fun. The bottom photo is the view from the backyard of Gorham's Bluff. 

Everything in this layout is from Me and My Big Ideas. Here's the link to both the alphas and stickers. I don't know which set the card is from though. The date stamp is made by Studio Calico, but I inherited it from my mom's collection so I don't know where she got it.



Our second stop on our trip was at Pikeville Store N Deli, a little hole in the wall burger joint at a literal fork in the road in Scottsboro. It was the BEST burger I have ever had in my life! And it was so CHEAP! I'm just saying that if I'm ever in a 2 hour vicinity of Scottsboro you can guarantee I will be making the trip to the store again. 

The top photo is of the marvelous burger I devoured, and the bottom photo is of a staircase from Gorham's Bluff.

The "Good Stuff" stamp is from Amy Tangerine and the "Headline" card is from Me and My Big Ideas, although I'm not sure which kit.

Here's to hoping you're having a great Friday Eve!

xo

Ally



No comments